Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Audrey Hepburn piece for my niece

My niece Katie graduated high school as valedictorian back in May and went on to attend Texas Tech this fall. I was unable to make it to her graduation, so I wanted to do something special for her. Especially since I dared her to end her commencement speech with "May the Force Be With You" and she delivered big time. "I would like a piece of your artwork to hang in my dorm" she said, when I asked her if there's anything she wanted.
I was more than happy to oblige.  I decided to paint a portrait of her idol, Audrey Hepburn, in my comic art style with minimum color. Since the one color I did use was pink, this is probably the girliest thing I've ever painted.  


Needless to say, she was very surprised when I finally gave it to her over Thanksgiving: 


Congrats again on making Valedictorian Katie and all of your success! 
We're very proud of you!



No comments: